Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A typical conversation with co-workers...

Sadly, eating is one of the highlights of our workday.



E: I'm gonna eat this last petit four.

L: You should eat that last petit four.
(note: said petit four is over a week old)

E: I microwaved it.

L: You heated up cake?! That's just gross sounding.

Me: C'mon, the microwave will rejuvenate anything. Throw a wet paper towel on it and it's good as new!

E: **garbled talking with mouth full** four thousand **more unintelligible mouth full talking** man.

Puzzled looks from me and L.

E: **mouth empty now** I said...they should microwave that four thousand year old man they found.

L: Of course you did!

E: You know...like in National Geographic.

Me: Are you talking about the peat bog people? Are you saying that they should take the bog man, cover him with a wet paper towel and microwave him? To rejuvenate him???

E: Well, it may take more than one paper towel, maybe like twenty.

fin

E has earned the reputation for being "random" and we love her for it. Only the truly brilliant can appreciate the tenuous link between petit fours and peat bog people.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Ah, yes. But have you ever received a call after you quit a job, where a former co-wroker wants to know how rats conjugate because they were discussiong this and needed my expertise! And, NO I do not occupy my time seeking and observing rats in this condition.

TDG said...

Haw, I never knew you had much expertise with rats? I thought it was only cows y'all had to molest "back in the day"!