Saturday, September 23, 2006

New Hair, Just in Time for Fall!


If you're a fly gal, then get your nails done.
Get a pedicure, get your hair did."
- "Work It", Missy Elliot






I've never been a brunette before! The four hours that I have been though have been lots of fun, you know...scaring myself when I walk by a mirror and such. My stylist is a hoot and we had fun doing something different for a change. In the past, I have been pretty experimental, running the gamut from a platinum blonde Mia Farrow/Rosemary's Baby 'do to hussy red to a rather regrettable yellowish/purple striped atrocity. So yeah, there have been mixed results but overall I'm grateful that God saw fit to bless me with the type of skin tone that if I ever have to run from the law or join the Witness Relocation Program I'll do just fine. Lately, I have kept it pretty tame and blonde; partially out of consideration for Possum's rather refined and conservative sensibilities. Also, because I have noticed that anytime I stray too far, for too long from my blonde "roots" I start getting sorta depressed. I just start feeling not quite myself. But, that's what makes it so much fun right? It's like being incognito or playing dress-up(which I also still like to do). Make no mistake though, I'm a blonde. There won't be any going over to the other side. I predict fairer follicles by spring.

No comments: