Monday, September 11, 2006

Escapism

An old boyfriend once said that he had lived in Madison County for six months before he met anyone with a full set of teeth...All of the pictures in the previous post were taken while on a hike in Madison County. I didn't really have any up close encounters with any residents while on the hike, but some of my best friends have lived there at one time or another so I can assure you they are not all periodontally challenged. That being said, I did see an assortment of wormy dogs! (See the previous post and say hi to one of 'em!) I also saw lots of folks riding their four-wheelers on the main road! So what do you do in a situation like this...When for a brief moment you find yourself outside the constraints of traffic, busy-body locals and pesky city ordinances and find yourself in the glorious white-trash freedom that is rural Arkansas? You shoot off fireworks in the middle of the road, of course!



C'mon, don't y'all all carry fireworks on hikes?

Today has been a day and I'm about to call it. I left home at 7:30am and didn't return until after 7:30pm. The good thing about being busy all day is that I hardly had a moment to even realize The Date. In fact I've been able to avoid the media entirely. It's not that I don't care that it's 9/11, or that I wish to forget what those three numbers will forever be associated with. In fact, I thought about it several times today and over the past couple of days. I've just been able to reflect on it without the media ipecac of patriotic songs, boys choirs, moments of silence and rhetoric. I'm afraid that would have only made me angry.

Good night, and thanks again to everyone who made the arduous journey over from MySpace to see me:-) Thanks for the comments, y'all. See ya around.

No comments: