Thursday, September 14, 2006

Let's all cheer...Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink!

Last night, Possum and I watched the Champions League game between Manchester United and Celtic that he had TiVoed. It came on at 1:30pm, so I had to avoid the computer and any possible online spoilers for the rest of the day...hence, no post yesterday. This was a really fun game. The guy with the coolest name in soccer scored a goal, so we got to hear the commentators say Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink a bazillion times! I think they got as much joy out of saying it as I did out of hearing it. Yes, I am easily amused and yes, I did partake of a little wine during the game. Ah, good times. While I appreciated all the JVofH, I think it was pretty clear the commentators weren't rooting for ManU. That goalie's "brush" of Ryan Giggs looked more like a hug to me...and the ref ;-) Now, Giggs is out for a couple of weeks and Possum has to scramble his Fantasy Football lineup. It doesn't affect me, I can't seem to pick anyone who will do anything interesting. If only JVofH would have come to the EPL!

No comments: