Tuesday, April 03, 2007

*Breaking News*

My sources(my daddy, Possum and 40/29) have unconfirmed reports that Dana Altman, the world-famous head-coach of Creighton and brand spankin' new head-coach of Arkansas, has had a change of heart and is heading back to Nebraska. The UofA hasn't confirmed anything. The Hogwired.com headline is still the transcript of the press conference yesterday, when he accepted the position as Arkansas' head coach.

Since nothing is confirmed, it seems like a good time to scrounge up articles from yesterday with gems like this:

"I'm 48 years old," Altman said. "And with your permission I'd like to finish my career at the University of Arkansas."

It's also a good time for wild, unsubstantiated rumors:

The reason the press conference was held yesterday, before Altman had officially signed a contract, was because Frank Broyles was in a hurry to get to Augusta for The Masters .

The reason for all the upheaval now is because Billy Donovan of Florida is upset that Arkansas didn't wait for him to finish winning the NCAA tournament to offer him the job.

Well, perhaps that second one is a little hard to swallow...even as a wild, unsubstantiated rumor started by my daddy on the phone a few moments ago.

Now, for the most important basketball news...my bracket WON my group in the Yahoo NCAA Tournament Pick'em! I was in the 88% for all of Yahoo! Of course, I didn't have any money riding on it or I NEVER would have won. So yeah, bragging was pretty much the whole point of this basketball post.


No comments: