Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Tagged

I've been tagged! Fortunately for me I haven't blogged in a while, so I shouldn't have too hard of a time coming up with some random bull sh*t...

1. As a matter of fact, my first two initials are B.S. and that secretly pleases me. I also tend to like bands with the initials BS...Big Smith, Belle & Sebastian. Mere coincidence?

2. I'm not a fan of the sensible shoe. The soles of my feet are throbbing right now from being scrunched in the cutest pair of heels all day.

3. In the past seven days I have had an extended phone conversation and one e-mail correspondence with my ex-husband, whom I had not spoken to or seen in over 4 1/2 years...up until last Wednesday. It was good, and by good I mean that...ya know, if someday my future self looks back and wonders if I made the right decision...well, lets just say that my future self won't ever do that. Understand?

4. I also had another meander down memory lane last weekend. I was going through an overlooked box retrieved from my parent's house and I came across my journal from 1987, age 12. I remembered such disturbing things as a troubling fascination with Kirk Cameron(I had blocked that one out), rather schizophrenic body image issues(from the same entry..."Easter! I think I looked gorgeous" and "Even after all the make-up, I look terrible today!" I'm frightened to think about what all the make-up meant in 1987.), lots of hateful entries directed at my little sister; I knew she was reading my journal every chance she got("My little sister is being a big brat. She is always pestering me! So, I threw a cold wet rag on her when she was in the bathtub. She got mad and said it gave her the hiccups. Ha Ha 2 points for me!") Yep, that's a goldmine we may have to revisit later.

5. Inside the journal were all of my school IDs from 7th-10th grade and a school picture of the first boy to tell me he loved me. My 8 year old made fun of me.

6. A month from today, Possum and I will be in Chicago!

7. I'm growing strawberries in hanging baskets.

8. I'm currently reading Him Her Him Again The End of Him by Patricia Marx and this bit, referring to a friend's new boyfriend, is the best thing I have read in a long time..."You'd think that I, of all people, would have been sympathetic to someone enthralled with a guy who nobody considered enthrall-worthy. You'd think, but you'd be wrong."

9. From the same book, I read this part yesterday. It is referring to a friend who just dumped a worthless boyfriend. I found it perhaps more significant and timely given the media's non-stop discussion of the possible motives of the Virginia Tech murderer. "Why she took action at that point, which wasn't even the lowest point, I cannot tell you. For that matter, why does anyone wake up one morning and finally clean out the crawlspace or shoot the boss or quit the tuba or propose marriage or throw in the towel or run for alderman or make any other long-intended change?"

10. For lunch, I had a Lean Cuisine Chicken, Spinach & Mushroom Panini. It was surprisingly good. I was worried that microwaved bread would be grody, but it wasn't at all.

No comments: