Saturday, March 03, 2007

When you have nothing else to talk about...talk about the weather.

I've heard tell that the weather for the last couple of weeks has been pretty nice, at least the majority of the time. Unfortunately, that majority of the time has coincided perfectly with the days and hours that I am trapped indoors at work. I have enjoyed having the windows open some, and my attitude is much improved by the sunshine and warmer temps.

Last weekend, I went with Possum to "the cabin" for a "guy's weekend". We had lots of fun, even if there were torrential rains and storms the whole time. Still, I got to participate in lots of fun guy activities like shooting hard liquor, eating ribs and watching Jackass Number Two. One of my bestest friends, M, came up to hang out Saturday night. She's a good guy girl. It reminded me of the times we used to go out to dinner to "eat like a man". We would order the Steak AND Shrimp dinners and drink beer. But, even in the throws of testosterone overdrive she would never do something as unseemly as belch. She's a real lady! She also had the best advice for Britney Spears that I have heard. "Her Mama just needs to jerk up her and those babies and take them back down to Louisiana...put her a trailer on their land until she gets back on her feet." I believe that's the Southern equivalent of rehab.

***WARNING***FLAGRANT BRAGGING ALERT***

So, the first game of the "spring" soccer season found me shivering in snow flurries at 8:30am this morning. As bad as I detest the cold, it was all worth it when My Boy scored the first goal of the game within a matter of minutes. He assisted with two more goals as his team went on to stomp the other team! It seems he's a pretty good cold weather player. Hmmm...I wonder, will it be Manchester United or Chelsea??? ;)

No comments: