Tuesday, March 06, 2007

"If You Expect Me to Take My Pants Off..." and other quotes

All of these things were said by me or in my presence over the last few days.

"I'm a sucker for buckles."
(Me---explaining to the salesgirl why I just HAD to have two of the same pair of shoes. One black pair, one red pair, both very cute and completely non-sensible.)

"That's the thing about shopping at Wal-Mart. You may save a hundred bucks, but ya gotta stand in spilt chew to do it."
(Me to Possum---on trying to load our new TV in the car while trying to avoid the dip cup in the parking space next to ours.)

"That passed annoying even before I heard it."
(My Boy---his opinion of Fidelity by Regina Spektor)

"I wasn't that wild about the song until I saw THOSE SHOES!"
(My opinion of Fidelity by Regina Spektor)

"That's the sound of zombies coming to chew on my brain"
(My Boy---his opinion of all the ha ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah in Fidelity by Regina Spector)

"Here in a minute I'm gonna take this water gun and shoot it in my ear. That's when we'll see the real action."
(Possum---on inventing a new process for earwax removal. Please don't try this at home. He's a trained professional.)

"If you expect me to take my pants off, you are going to have to close the window completely!"
(My Boy-on having to change into his soccer uniform in the backseat of the car.)

"Describe y'all in one word? I can do it in three letters...H-O-T. Could I add a modifier? 'Cause if I could, it would be Smokin'...Smokin' HOT!"
(A friend who knows that flattery will get you everywhere---in a conversation about that silly e-mail game "describe me in one word". Thanks for playing, B.)

No comments: