Saturday, November 11, 2006

Well, It's a Start...

The Unknown
As we know,
There are known knowns.
There are things we know we know.
We also know
There are known unknowns.
That is to say
We know there are some things
We do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns,
The ones we don't know
We don't know.

—Feb. 12, 2002, Department of Defense news briefing


I'm sure all y'all think I would have just been tickled pink last week when the Democrats gained control of the House and the Senate, but they are going to have to SHOW me something first. Let's face it, the Democrat minority was never that small all along, not so small that they shouldn't have been making a helluva lot of noise long before the past few weeks proceeding the recent midterm election. Frankly, I have been pissed about that. Where is the party of FDR and JFK, the party that took action to help the poor and the oppressed? Where is the party that took a stand for Civil Rights for minorities? Even if they haven't had the balls to stand up and question how we continue to deny rights to a certain portion of the population based on who they love or what they do in their bedrooms, how have they stood by and watched as the civil liberties of all of us were eroded by those using fear to keep us cowed? So, now that they have gained a handful of seats, can we expect some action, some common sense, some application of the very principles this nation was founded on? I'm not so sure. But, I'm watching. Show me, please, please show me!

There's this, Rumsfeld could be charged with war crimes. Could it be? The beginning of accountability? How embarrassing would that be, though? America's Defense Secretary being charged for war crimes in Germany...how very far we have slipped. But, not so far that something still can't be done about it. I still have faith in America and real American values(and I guess the Democrats). Let's show the world something other than our recent fear, prejudice and corruption. Now is our chance!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blah Blah Blah - GO REPUBLICANS!

TDG said...

Don't think I don't know who you are...Miss Anonymous ;-)