Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Venting My Spleen

I prefer not to dwell on the all-consuming horrendousness* that has consumed every waking moment of the week thus far. Instead, I choose to relish the one little ray of sunshine in my otherwise bleak existence. I'm number 1 out of 6 in my Fantasy Football(soccer) group!!! I'm number 29 out of all the folks in the Yahoo "Fans of Sunderland" group. I'm listed right up there with the Top 50, baby! Now, I'm not sure if this is indicative of any FF brilliance on my part, maybe it just says something about your average Sunderland fan. Either way, at this point I'm pretty pleased with the results of hitching my wagon to the Keane-O star.**

“If a player doesn’t want to come to Sunderland then all well and good,” The Guardian quoted Keane. “But if he decides he doesn’t want to come because his wife wants to go shopping in London, then it’s a sad state of affairs. It’s not a football move, it’s a lifestyle move. It tells me the player is weak and his wife runs his life.”

The Telegraph reported, “Keane’s recruitment campaign has been hit by a series of snubs and the former Manchester United midfield hard man last night vented his spleen.”

Keane said: “If there is nothing to do [in the northeast of England] then find something, because people who are bored are boring. Someone once told me that. People who get bored coming up to the North-east, they are bored because they are boring. It is nothing to do with the shops. Football has got to be the priority.”

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/08/15/keane-o-vs-wags/

* Just stupid work sh!t. Nevermind the melodrama.
** Jose, no one can take your place in my heart. No matter how much spleen venting he does.

No comments: