Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Dog Days of Summer Pop-Culture Extravaganza!!!

Okay internets, maybe I did forget about you. Sorry. In addition to taking life by the neck and attempting to give it a good shake like a terrier with a fat rat...here's the nonsense I have been attending to.

Knocked Up---Cute, but if you missed it in theaters...don't sweat it. It's more of a Netflixer anyway.

The Simpsons Movie---If you like the TV show, you'll like the movie. I went with two nine year old boys who thought it was the best, most hilarious movie they had ever seen. This resulted in a rousing rendition of "Spider Pig"...not once, not twice, repeatedly. On a more personal note, in the theater the nine year olds had to sit a couple of seats down the aisle from me. I am officially uncool.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix---I sure don't have anything bad to say about it. It's grimmer and more "real" than the previous films. I tend to prefer the flight-of-fancy quality of the third one though. No matter, you should be reading the books. Which leads me to where the bulk of my Potter attention has been focused...

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows---Ooo Wee...as disappointed as I am that it's over, I'm OK with how it all wraps up (epilogue aside). No spoilers here though.

Octopus by The Bees (known in US as A Band of Bees)---Perfect 60/70ish summertime music, but with just enough '07. Makes me think of The Rascals or Three Dog Night or something, but I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. Check it out for yourself; it'll make you feel good.

Calling the World by Rooney---Here's some more goodtimesummertime music that Possum and I have been listening to continuously. Sounds like snowcones! (We are such 13 year old girls)

That's all folks.

No comments: