Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Observations

1. Yesterday, I saw jonquils coming up in one of the flowerbeds down by the Square! I was so excited...I mean a visceral, spring-feverish, type excited...even before my brain had fully processed what it was I was seeing. I'm just gonna hold on to the thought that spring is right around the corner.

2. Why do people get louder when they are leave-taking? Notice it? Folks coming out of doctor's exam rooms or ending a cell phone call, their volume goes way up. Why is that?

3. I still REALLY like Vampire Weekend. This is a little strange, because I am fully aware of the potential to be annoying. So far, I'm still OK with it.

4. The incongruity of these preppy white boys singing African music reminded me of MY album cover. "You're album cover?" you are probably asking yourself. Why, yes! It's this little bit of interweb fun that I meant to share a couple of months ago, but was too busy making up album covers to ever get around to it. Here's what you need to do to create your own.

  1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
    (The first article title on the page is the name of your band.)

  2. http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
    (The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album.)

  3. http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days
    The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

Use the graphics program of your choice to throw them together and then share the results here! It'll be fun!



So, yeah, if ever this white girl wants to start singing ethnically incongruous music...I'm all set! Hey, it's working for Jamie T and Vampire Weekend!

C'mon! Now show me yours!

*Note: that is not me nor my engagement ring pictured above. I couldn't get my camera to work properly. Maybe one day I will manage to take pictures of my own damn hand and post them. Altho, I would much rather show y'all in person!

EDIT: See...fun and addictive! I got this one just checking to make sure my links worked!




No comments: